Betty Skirt from Shaffer Sisters

Monday, October 27, 2014
A while ago I had the privilege of testing new sizes added to the Shaffer Sisters Betty skirt pattern. This skirt is great! It has several options to choose from like regular gather, large pleats, small pleats and gathered with placket. The skirt is sized from newborn to 6x! So it will last you for many years. I discovered while making this skirt that my girls hate anything that fits at the natural waist. Luckily there is an option to alter the yoke to make it so it will fit where they would like it to sit. Another option that I am big fan of is you can either print out pattern pieces or if you don't want to use paper you can use the cutting chart to cut out your pieces.

We had our fall field trip to Ticonderoga Farm today and since she actually agreed to wear the skirt without bribery, I knew it would be a great chance to get some good pictures.....well sometimes that doesn't actually happen. For some reason I didn't factor in the amount of running she would do. I am going to blame baby brain for that.


She also wouldn't leave her shirt tucked in

Little miss picked this fabric at Finch Sewing Studio months ago (and by months I mean at least 6). 


I did the smaller yoke so it would sit lower. I probably could have left a little bit more on so there was more of one. She really likes it so it is a win in my book. 

Wish I had noticed how off my gathers are. 

We are in the phase of starting to want to dress ourselves so dressing for photos doesn't always work. I will take whatever doesn't cause an extreme meltdown right now. 


Happiness about pumpkins until she changed her mind and threw it on the ground, kicking it, them making the declaration that she didn't want one anymore. The rapid emotions of an almost 3 year is amazing. 

That looks sums it up

The skirt has enough give so it can still be easily played in. She ran around and played with her sister the whole time and it never got in the way. 
Tether ball anyone?

Of course the Frozen rain boots are a must everyday, even when it isn't raining or wet. 

If you need a skirt with several options and has a large size range check out the Betty skirt pattern, you can use code BETTYTOUR for 30% off until November 16, 2014. 



Thank you for stopping by! 

Bethany 









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design